President of Syria
Bashar al-Assad was studying to be an ophthalmologist and trying to avoid politics until his older brother was killed in a car crash in 1994. He succeeded his father as Syria’s president in 2000. Though members of the minority Alawite Shiite Muslim sect, the al-Assad family has considerable wealth and influence. Alawites ascribe deity to Ali. Many Muslims consider them heretical. The US, European Union, France, and Israel contend that, under Bashar, Syria gives moral and material support to numerous terrorist organizations, including Hezbollah, Fatah al-Islam, and Islamic Jihad.
Bashar al-Assad on Wikipedia
image: source http://www.kremlin.ru/events/president/news/57488/photos
Thank you for posting
All prayers are moderated for spam and abusive language.
Your prayer should appear on the site soon.
9 Prayers posted:
• Dear Lord, I pray for the soul of Bashar al-Assad that he will come to know the true and set him free and have a relationship with the King of kings and Lord of lords Jesus Christ! In Jesus name amen! — Paul (July 17, 2012 2:15 p.m.)
• Dear Lord.. the Alawite "sect" are reported to celebrate certain Christian festivals, "in their own way", including Christmas, Easter, and Palm Sunday. So they must know some about You.. the battle in Syria killed thousands of civilians, please give Assad a wisdom to finish this disaster. — Ralph (March 16, 2013 10:48 a.m.)
• Heavenly Father, please bring an astounding revelation of the cross of Jesus Christ to Bashar al-Assad through dreams, visions, angelic visitations, and Your anointed servants. Bring the Gospel of Jesus Christ to al-Assad as many times as it takes for him to be convicted of his sins, brought to genuine confession and repentance, brought to a calling on the Name of Jesus Christ in faith for forgiveness and salvation, and brought to a complete renunciation of all Islam. Cause al-Assad to see Your zeal for Your people and be put to shame! Let his remorse and sorrow be a sorrow unto death. I ask that al-Assad be punished for his evil but ultimately saved because You do not want ANYONE to be lost to hell and satan. So be it, Lord! Amen — thruhiseyes (May 06, 2013 6:46 p.m.)
• Dear Lord, I come to you in the name of Jesus, and I present before you President Bashar al-Assad. Lord, have the greatest kind of mercy on his soul. Show him who You are. Show him the falseness of the religion he believes in. Show him that you desire mercy, not death. That you desire to have mercy on him, and not his death. Show President Assad that you desire him to have life eternal. And let President Assad understand by your example. That if he would show mercy to his people, you would show mercy to him. Remove the lack of a Godly vision from his eyes. Help Him to see you, and see you clearly, and help him to cry out to you for the help he needs. Let him understand that whatsoever a man sows, that shall he also reap. Cause him to understand that if he will sow mercy, he will reap mercy. Help him to understand repentance and to embrace you as his God. In Jesus name we pray. Amen — Jerrychristian (Sept. 13, 2013 5 p.m.)
• Father God, you are Almighty, High Above every principality and power, but you love every soul and even those who have murdered many people. I pray for Bashar al-Assad that he would be saved, that he would come to know You as Lord and Saviour, that you would rescue him, and that in this time of warfare that your will will be done in Syria. I pray that you would show your loving kindness and compassion to this man and free him from the hold the enemy has on his life. — Chris (Feb. 12, 2014 12:28 p.m.)
• Jesus, please keep me ever at Your side as I undertake to hold up to you the soul of this man, the soul of his wife and the souls of their children. He is in a position to change many things and save many lives. His soul, though, will not allow him to do so. You, Lord, are his only hope and the only hope of his wife and children. In Your Most Precious Name, Lord Jesus, I ask these things. Show me, Lord, how to pray for them. — InHisSteps (Sept. 17, 2014 3:01 a.m.)
• Dear heavenly Father, may all the contact that Bashar el Assad has had with Christians, both during his reign as well as in the years of his stay in Britain, be used of You to seek Your Face and to find in Jesus the only Lord and Saviour. May he yield himself to You, in order to be used for good, not for evil. I beg You to hear the prayers and petitions that so many of the Syrian Christians daily offer up to You on his behalf. — Oase (Sept. 27, 2014 10:25 a.m.)
• I speak The Name of Jesus into the heart and mind and souls of Bashar al Assad and take captive every thought of his to make those thoughts obedient to the Word of God and to the Mind of Christ so that Jesus can and will transform him by the renewing of his mind, establish homeostasis in his life so that he can be blessed with great success as he learns to turn his hands to only that which is wholesome and good, obedient to His Will therefore pleasing in His sight, then may he be prospered in every good way, a way which will Glorify the Lord. Amen — ginna (Jan. 14, 2018 4:54 a.m.)
• Sovereign Lord, I pray for Bashar Al-Assad, that he will open his heart, mind, and soul to You. That he will know beyond all doubt that You love him so much You sent Your One and Only Son, Jesus to die for him! Please Lord, pour out Your Mercy, Grace, and Love on Bashar Al-Assad, like a cup overflowing so he may repent of his sins. I know You love him, and You are patient, not wanting him to perish, but time is running out very quickly. It is my heartfelt sincerest desire that Bashar will know the Truth and the Truth will set him free! I also pray that once Bashar Al-Assad knows the Truth, and is transformed by the renewing of his mind the people of Syria will follow suit and by the Grace of the Holy Spirit they will also repent of their sins. Even if they suffer persecutions because of the Name Jesus, may their only hope be in Your Son Jesus! — Ehud (May 03, 2018 6:03 p.m.)